Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Welcome All Writers

     Welcome

      Lets create a place where we can share our ideas, concerns, advice and what ever else you would like to contribute.  Writing is a journey, in the act of creating a story and in the quest to improve the writer's skill set.  Share your inspirations.  If you find a kernel of understand that helps you be a better writer, post it here.  Ask for help and offer your assistance.  Lets create a community.  I for one, can use the support.

Thanks and lets get started.

Will Stevenson 

2 comments:

  1. So Will, how good are you at creating an overall story structure? The pieces must fit together seemlessly, while creating that fabulous world. For some reason I'm thinking of The Wizard of Oz, which ended up with Toto, and Dorothy, and the witch and lion and scarecrow and a bunch of other players whose characters all made such wonderful contributions to the story. Each got to represent a single part of what, say, could come together and make one fine person. You know, Glenda, the Good Witch, in her floating little bubble and everything. Anyway the story is amazing!
    What stories do you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a work in progress. I spend some part of everyday trying to be a better writer. I have a wide range of interest and have not taken the time to determine which story is my favorite. I do tend to like stories that make me think or cause me to look at something a different way. A story does have a beginning, middle and ending and they each have a defined role. There is some debate as to what those roles are. I am exploring the different possibilities with some success. If you are searching for a structure, I would suggest finding an story that you like and imitating its structure. Thanks for you comment

      Delete