Thursday, November 17, 2016

How to Know That You Are A Writer


 "All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad,  the ecstasy, the remorse and sorrow, the people and places and how the weather was.  If you can get so that you can give that to people, then you are a writer."

Ernest Hemingway

     This is one of my favorite author quotes.  It is a "consummation devoutly to be wished"


1 comment:

  1. Each person has their own view on being a writer, for those who are, or express desire to write. I know I am a writer because I have always written. I haven't written published books nonetheless I write. I write whatever comes, from wherever writing comes.........It is useless for me to try to analyze and put a label on what I do, what I write, or how. I just do.
    I enjoy reading what others write. I like to sharpen my mental saw by reading others words however they are put together. I like learning different words or creating different words. I tend to write like I talk most often, not always. And so it goes.

    ReplyDelete