Saturday, December 10, 2016

Sharpening The Saw, or Improving Your Skill Set

In the olden days, when people still used hand tools to do woodworking, there were hand saws.  Every so often, you would have to stop and sharpen the saw.  It made the saw work a lot better.   Somewhere along the way, someone adopted this phrase and made an idiom out of it.  Basically sharpening the saw refers to the constant quest to become better at what you do.  I am constantly sharpening the saw.  In my search for material I turn to the web.  I have found that I am regularly watching videos from the Creative Penn .  Joanna Penn has a regular podcast and she post them on Youtube.  I have found value in watching her post.  I would recommend her postings to anyone who wants to sharpen their saw.

If you have a source of inspiration, please let me know and I will post a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment